So you're interested in a tailgate trailer rental for your next event? This page will break down our booking process and what
to expect the day of the event. You will also find answers to common questions.
If you don't see an answer to your question, or have additional questions, please email email@example.com.
Tailgating Booking Process
At Tomahawk Tailgating, our goal is to simplify your tailgating experience, which starts with our booking process. The steps below will walk you through the normal booking process.
- Check Availability: Contact our team via the CONTACT tab or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org with all of your event details including date, time, venue, estimated guest count and any other needs.
- Sign Rental Agreement: Once we confirm your date is available, our team will generate your rental agreement. At this time, we will establish a tentative tailgate party setup location, which will be confirmed on the day of the event via text message since venues layouts may change.
- Submit Deposit: Your $300 security deposit will be required to reserve your event and can be paid via credit card through our secure online processing system. A $100 cancellation fee will be assessed for cancellations within 30 days of your event.
- Pay Remaining Balance: Your remaining balance, including any additional items added after the initial contract and deposit, is due on or before the start of your event. A credit card must be on file before the date of the event for incidentals.
- Show Up and Party! Our team will send you a text with the exact location upon arrival at the venue. Many venues are first come, first serve which means there could be a slight variation.
You've Secured Your Date...Now What?
When you rent a tailgating trailer from Tomahawk Tailgating, we aim to make sure you get to spend time doing what’s most important: TAILGATING BABY!!! You don’t want to spend hours setting up canopies, tables, chairs, heaters, grills, games, etc.
So how does this work?
We deliver our trailer to your event and all you have to do is bring the food and drinks, OR let us pick it up for you! We are very flexible, so we work with your group to make sure you have everything you need to have a great time at your event. We have additional ala carte items including extra canopies, chairs, heaters, and can even provide an attendant for the time of your event.
If you have your own parking spot, we can deliver the trailer to your spot. If you don’t have a parking permit, we can secure one for you at most venues. It’s a good idea to talk to venue management beforehand if you’re not aware of the rules and regulations for tailgating.
The week of your rental, we will contact you to finalize the details for your tailgate. You should plan to arrive around 30 minutes after the lot opens so that we can get the tailgate completely set up for your group prior to their arrival. Times can vary depending on the venue and time of game/event.
The day of your event, we will ensure you know where to find us to get any parking passes you may need. We will always have a member of our team close by in case there are any technical issues that may arise.
You may choose to secure the trailer during the game, but you may tailgate after the event until your rental time expires or the lot closes (whichever comes first).
That’s the basics.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can you set up a tailgate?
We can set up a tailgate for you just about anywhere, but the most popular events include:
- Sporting Events (MSU, MSSU, Mizzou, Arrowhead, University of Arkansas, OU, OSU, Busch Stadium, Kauffman Stadium)
- Corporate Events (Family Day, Customer Appreciation Day, Employee Recognition)
- Cookouts/Block Parties
- Special Events (Rockin' Ribs, Wing-a-Palooza, Beerfest or Concerts)
- Watch Parties
- Professional Organizations (Fraternity & Sorority Events)
DO I NEED TO BRING FOOD & DRINKS? WHAT SHOULD WE BRING WITH US?
Yes (or let us pick them up for you!). Because we set up events at many different venues and cities across the area, each venue has different rules/permits required when providing food and beverages. We will be happy to help coordinate with your caterer or the cook in your party to make sure your event goes off without a hitch. Basically, bring food and drinks and whatever you’d like to use at your tailgate. We have canopies, chairs, tables, tailgating games, ice, napkins, plates, silverware, and cups. A tailgating checklist is provided in the Rental Agreement to help you prepare for your event.
WHAT TIME SHOULD I SHOW UP?
It really depends on the venue and event. Each location has different parking lot rules and opening times. For example, Arrowhead typically opens 5 hours before kickoff. We will recommend a time for your party to show up so the trailer is completely set up when your group arrives.
HOW LONG CAN I TAILGATE AFTER THE EVENT?
This also can vary depending on venue and game time, but generally you can tailgate a few hours after the event completion. This also depends on the length of rental time selected. This is another detail that will be determined when you schedule your rental.
DO I NEED TO BUY ADDITIONAL PARKING FOR THE TRAILER?
Again, this depends on the venue. Most of the time our trailer is small enough to fit in one car space or in a grassy area. Some venues require an extra pass if it is going to take up an extra parking space. Check with us and venue management to confirm this before completing your rental.
DO I HAVE TO PICK UP THE TRAILER FROM YOU AND TAKE IT TO THE PARKING LOT?
No. We deliver the trailer to your tailgate and pick it up there when you are done. There are additional fees for venues over 50 miles from Springfield, MO.
CAN I PICK THE TRAILER UP AND TOW IT TO MY EVENT MYSELF?
Yes. We require proof of insurance, appropriate coverage, and a vehicle that meets the towing requirements if you elect to tow the trailer yourself.
CAN WE DO A TAILGATE TRAILER RENTAL AT OUR HOME?
Yes! We love doing backyard tailgates or driveway watch parties. This is a great way to watch your team on the road or have a fun party with friends and family.
WHAT HAPPENS IF IT RAINS OR IF THERE IS INCLEMENT WEATHER?
We are flexible. The trailer and canopies provide decent coverage from the weather, but under some circumstances, the weather can be too bad to have an enjoyable event. We are reasonable and will work with you on rescheduling for another date/time or refunding deposits if necessary. We will monitor the weather leading up to your event and will maintain communication with you before your event should anything change.
CAN SOME MEMBERS OF MY GROUP WATCH THE GAME AT THE TRAILER?
Yes. As long as the venue allows tailgating after the game starts (most do), you are welcome to allow your group to stay and watch the game at the tailgate as long as your rental time extends through the game.
DO YOU PROVIDE PROPANE AND/OR CHARCOAL?
Yes. The double MVP Party King grills will be provided with propane. If you elect to rent extra charcoal grills or smokers, we will provide the charcoal, starter fluid, and wood chips.